March 12, 2013

Harper's Bazaar overview

 ...Sometimes I feel very proud of where I'm recently living. When I heard that one of the most iconic fashion magazines will have a polish edition - that was one of those days, when the proudness awoke.

Harper's Bazaar... A title that is known to many of you, or at least I think so.


Richard Avedon, Salvador Dali, Patrick Demarchelier... I could count legendary people who have worked with this magazine forever. It was HP that introduced Kate Moss to the american fashion stage (until now, she appeared ten times on the cover of this magazine). It was HP on which pages the first photographs of models outside the studio started appearing.

I found the age-themed pages very interesting, although I don't accept any age restrictions when it comes to clothing. 

How to desribe such a fashion treasue in one word? It's easy. A Legend

From 2013, Carine Roitfeld will be publishing 4 times a year sessions with models dressed in clothes chosen only by her. Very nice idea to keep your amazing style talent publicly alive, Carine!


On the cover of the first, March issue appeared Malgosia Bela, one of the best-known and respected polish models in the world. As always, she did her job perfectly, and the fair, mostly white colours of the photo session did a beautiful and promising start of a piece of fashion history in this country.


The interviews were very interesting (especially with above mentioned Malgosia and Jakub Gierszal, an actor who is actually conquering the local film stage, and slowly building up a name in Hollywood).

On the 14th March the April issue will have it's premiere. I'm looking forward to get it and advise you to do the same!

***** ***** *****

As promissed on the last sneak-peak post, here's my newest clothing piece made by me:

Can't wait to show you it mixed into a full co-ord! 

No comments:

Post a Comment